We Eat What? A Cultural Encyclopedia of Unusual Foods in the United States
English | 2018 | ISBN: 144084111X | 356 Pages | PDF | 39 MB
This entertaining and informative encyclopedia examines American regional foods, using cuisine as an engaging lens through which readers can deepen their study of American geography in addition to their understanding of America's collective cultures.
• Includes dozens of recipes that students and readers can test for themselves
• Highlights and thus preserves the cultural integrity of endangered regional foods
• Supports learning through engagingly written entries accessible to readers of all ages
• Allows readers to think critically about foods and their origins
• Highlights 'fun facts' about the entries, including terminology and laws, in sidebars